About Me

My photo
Im Craig, an Animation student

Saturday 26 March 2011

Weekly Post - Week 1

At the beginning of this week I made a list of things that I said I would get done every week. Below is what I've done/not done this week, as well as comments and random babbling.


Animation of the week...


Learning animation from the basics seem's daunting, but its something I need to do. Here's my first animation of my "Animation Basics" exploration.

Bouncing ball with Squash & Stretch


Model of the week...


I made this in 3Ds Max a while ago, but realised I've never really rendered anything out. The design was for a game, it was going to be a building to be used at the docks as a warehouse.

Im pretty happy with the outcome, apart from the boat being too low poly and the roof lat's being all whoppy..



Photo of the week...

I took this photo whilst scouting out some filming locations around Huddersfield. After hopping a few walls and crossing some fields we found this path on the edge of the woods. Really nice place!

Im adding it to the "needs to be printed" pile.







Inspiration of the week...
I watched an animation called "The Saga of Biorn" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV5w262XvCU
Its amazing, watching it has made me realise how well 2D and 3D go together if used properly, I think I may use 2D backgrounds on some projects in the future.