About Me

My photo
Im Craig, an Animation student

Saturday 2 October 2010

So.. a new blog!

So out with the old blog and in with the new. I decided to set this one up as its more or less a fresh start from the one I did last year.

I am however going to make some major changes into the way I use the blog. Last year I mainly used it to document my progression through projects, and not even properly! Instead of updating it as I progressed I just sort of threw everything together and dumped it on the blog with various comments at the end of the project.


Time to turn over that new leaf! On this blog I'm determined to follow some ground rules.. I shall update at least once a week, whether it be something I've been working on, something that's caught my eye or just a random rant, Instead of dumping some images/video's and leaving them, I'm going to describe what I like and what I don't like about it. 

I'm going to do a quick start with 2 pictures I took this week of a building entrance in Huddersfield. This year I want to look more at architecture in animation, I'm a sucker for detail and this metal gate just got my creative juices flowing. I love how its not machined and you can tell It's been smithed.

Awesome Gate

In an Awesome archway, with heraldry!
I'm itching to model something like this. It would look great for a cinematic with someone walking in, maybe in armour.. In my head I can hear the noise of it opening now, and I'm pretty sure I have the sound file that would fit it perfectly in my SFX folders. 
I'm determined to make a model of that gate, expect to see one in the coming weeks.